Friday 10 April 2009

Lady in the Water

   Just finished watching Lady in the Water with my sister. It came out about 3 years ago, and for some reason I'm just now getting around to watching it. It was actually pretty fantastic. I don't care what anyone says, I still love M. Night Shamylan. He may make some crazy wacked-out films, but they're still phenomenal. 

In other news, I was meant to visit one of my best friends today. We've been friends for almost 10 years now, and I get to see her less and less each year. I was going to go visit and stay the night. Unfortunately, I'm in some serious debt [not serious-serious, but serious enough] and I'm dead broke so I figured it would be a wise decision to just stay home and bum it out this weekend. Plus, the house needs to get cleaned for Sunday since we're having relatives over for Easter. 

I kind of like Easter. First of all, it commemorates something really amazing. [Ya know, that whole Jesus coming back from the dead thing. Yea. It's pretty damn cool.] Also, you get free candy. What's not to love? 
What I've always found odd, though, is that I always [always always always] get jelly beans on Easter. I HATE JELLY BEANS! I tell my mother this every year, and every year she still gives me a ton of jelly beans. I don't know why. I think maybe it's just a scheme so that I'll give her my jelly beans. That's probably it. Parents are tricky like that. 

Also, I'm finally getting around to teaching myself Greek. So, yay for that. Wish me luck. I think I'm doing quite well so far, if I do say so myself. 

Alsoalso, the word of the day is: Solipsism [SOL-ip-siz-um] meaning "the belief that only the self is real and knowable." [from Rare Words by Jan and Hallie Leighton]

<3  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate jelly beans too! but the peanut butter eggs and candy make up for it all! and the easter bunny still comes to our house because we are children at heart!
xoxo
the blogging librarian and your name twin!

obsquatch said...

Solipsism is a fun word but a scary concept. It is usually used as an excuse by people that don't want to deal with the social ramifications of their actions. You know, loonies. Don't get me wrong, I believe that it is necessary to have some loose footing on the ground of reality, but I'm also pretty sure that you exist, but the world would be a lot less awesome if you didn't. Cheers!