Sunday 12 April 2009

Eastah

    Today was Easter. I did all the "normal" easter things, I suppose. I woke up and had tea and candy [m&ms, to be precise] for breakfast. Spent the morning cleaning and making devil'd eggs and bickering and shouting and arguing and more shouting. Then we had about 7 or 8 people come over, which meant there were about 11 or 12 people crowded into our house. When you spread them out evenly between the living room, kitchen, and dining room it tends to work out fine. However, that's never how it happens. Everyone always lingers in the kitchen and crowds around the dining room door, making it impossible to move through the house properly. I and my well meaning partner [usually my grandma, or another older female relative] always TRY to ferry people towards the living room, but somehow we always fail. I mean, what's not to love about finger-food and couches? Maybe it's because we left all the booze in the kitchen...Yea, that's probably it. 
Unfortunately, I was stricken with a horrible headache. Probably because no one in my family knows how to use their [quote, unquote] inside-voices. I love them all to death though. 


I'm gonna try to convince the boy to come over now. He probably won't. But a girl can try..... 

No comments: